My fellow alcoholics, D.R.I.N.K.E.R.s and members of the D Generation (Drinking Generation),
‘Tis i, your Temporal (as i will have to relinquish my crown shortly) Functional Alcoholic Slurperson here with another Top 10 Lips.
As you probably suspect, after the troubles earlier this year i’ve stopped drinking. While this decision is obviously something i need to go over in this blog, i’m still looking for an angle to address it in and still keep the trademark Al K Hall what-passes-for-humor tramp stamp that festers all through my posts like a tattoo from a dirty needle.
[For those of you who actually do care what's up with my recovery, i've been unloading in fits and starts in the Comment's Section of a friend's blog: Bats' The She Chronicles. The two posts where i upchuck the most are here and here. And Bats, babe? i'm so sorry for linking here without asking first. If too many of my dregs spill over onto your lovely flophouse, just let me know and i'll bar the way (no, the other kind of bar, the bad kind, no the other bad kind, the one that's a verb.]
Here then are those booze moments Al K Hall Free will long for the most because these are
10 Drinks i’m Gonna Miss
1. Free mini bottles of wine on the airplane
2. The first bottle of 3.2 on a 3-day bender
3. Vodka during sex
4. The glass of wine that loosens my tongue, tightens my speech, and greases my wheels at parties
5. Mojitos made in front of me by the barman while i’m sitting in a seat where Hemingway once sat
6. Frozen daiquiris by the pitcher drunk through a straw
7. The beer in the bar i cling to for ballast sitting across from the beautiful babe
8. Pastis on the beach on the first day of summer
9. Amaretto Sours on the deck of the sailboat sliding over the lake at sunset
10. Every drink ever tasted, wasted, nipped, sipped, lost or found, bought in a round, swilled then refilled, gotten free, tasted like pee, drank or sank even with the stank, forgotten, rotten, drunk straight down out on the town, slurped, burped, gulped fast or nursed to last, cold, bold, new, brewed, swallowed or spit ’cause it tasted like shit, consumed, resumed, hopped, dropped, toasted, roasted, put away, tossed back, knocked down and thrown back up again, absorbed, abhorred, dissipated, anticipated, partaken (stirred or shaken), quaffed, sloshed, drained like rain, tippled, rippled, lapped, sapped, sopped, rocked, swigged and sucked until it fucked me up and laid me down right on the viscous altar of a Friday night