Ramblings: Negative Space
Final Proof: 2½ Shots
You know how you get drunk with someone in a coma? You sit there for a couple hours pouring vodka into his IV bag waiting for him to wake up or do something interesting and maybe once or twice he has a crisis and so you get bursts of excitement when they come in with their crash carts and shit to revive him but then it’s back to just sitting there in a very hi-tech room where nothing really goes down or comes up except a heavy buzz that drags you down and you have to fight against it to stay awake. That’s what Oblivion was like.
- 2077, 5 years after the mandatory [apocalypse]
- Cool exploding moon shot
- The movie is set in a desert wasteland. Super exciting.
- Plus he sleeps a lot because his dreams are important
- The only thing not predictable about this story is how long it would be
- Good sets
- Who the fuck is the second 3rd Jack?
- Based on a comic [that explains it]
Buzz Kills (Watch Out for Spoilers)
- Tom Cruise’s partner’s (Andrea Riseborough as Victoria) naked back in the shower. Nice back. The front…?
- Tom Cruise’s back in the shower. He’s still fit. #CGI
- Vickie’s nude silhouette by moonlight, [bare] butt in the water swimming
- Is that the girl from Firefly / V / Homeland who i’ve seen naked? [Morena Baccarin]
- Nope, it’s not her. [It's Olga Kurylenko] I’d like to see her naked, though.
- That’s Zoe Bell in the background
We’ll grow old and fat together, and fight and drink too much.
Rock & Roll:
- Special effects and shit
- Blue Oyster Cult
- The Wall album cover
- Led Zeppelin “Ramble On”
- “Whiter Shade of Pale” on the turntable
- Techno song at the credits
Boring Technical Crap
Joseph Kosinski: graphic novel and original story
Karl Gajdusek and Michael DeBruyn: screenplay
Directed by: Joseph Kosinski
Tom Cruise … Jack
Morgan Freeman … Beech
Olga Kurylenko … Julia
Andrea Riseborough … Victoria
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau … Sykes
Melissa Leo … Sally
Zoe Bell … Kara
Perfect if you’ve ODed on uppers and need something to help you come down. This film could take the inventor of the Starbuck’s taste challenge out for a nap.