[Sorry for the drawing, it’s homemade. i’m a writer, not a drawer.]
We’ve all heard the news that drinking is supposed to be ‘detrimental’ for your health. Right. i’ll give you the ‘mental’, but one of the reasons i drink is for the health benefits.
- Alcohol protects the brain during an accident. Do you get the full brunt of the irony here? The booze that gets you drunk enough to drive your car head-on into a wall protects your brain in that same accident! Just imagine what would’ve happened if you hadn’t drunk…
- Wine is good for your heart. Which means you have a bigger heart. Which means you can love more. (Or make love less, depending on how much you drink.)
- Alcohol reduces the risk of dementia. And old-timers disease. Pickle that brain–quick!
- You should drink around 64 ounces (8 8-ounce glasses) of water per day. Do have any idea how many whiskey & waters that is?
- You should have around 2 cups of fruit a day. By my count, that’s at least 1 good sized screwdriver.
- On top of this, i’m also improving the planet’s health! It’s a fact: the more i drink, the more glass bottles i recycle.
And that’s why we say ‘to your health’ when we toast.
Extra added bonus!
i’m including–at no extra cost–a Pour Man’s Cocktail Recipe related to the subject.
My Fellow Alcoholics, i give you: MediSin (A Drug Cocktail)
- Put a cold capsule in the bottom of a tall glass
- Add ice and 3 fingers of vodka
- Fill glass with multivitamin juice
- Add a shot of cough medicine
- Top of with a throat lozenge and parecetemol
- Stir well and drink to the very bottom
Disclaimer: DO NOT TRY THIS COCKTAIL AT HOME! IT’S DANGEROUS! Only i, Al K Hall, can get away with it.